Posted - 09 November 2018
Our new staff members
Let me introduce you to Mhairi our new case manager. Mhairi has put together a small bio for you that will really help you get to know her that little bit better.
- Name: Mhairi McMurray
- Company Role: Case Manager
- Favourite quote: A lion doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
- What do you do at The Glasgow Mortgage Company: I am currently a member of the TGMC case management team. Once the broker has fully submitted your application, I liaise with the lender to ensure that your application is processed as smooth as possible and keep you fully updated on the progress until the offer is produced making this a stress free process.
- What are your past experience, for working in your position? I had basic admin experience at my previous job being a receptionist at a local leisure centre.
- What do you like about working at The Glasgow Mortgage Company? Being part of a team who always make you feel valued.
- What’s your background? I have been a swimmer since a very early age and took this passion into the working environment when I completed my level 2 swim teachers’ qualification. I have been a qualified swim teacher for over 9 years and have found this to be a very rewarding job. Teaching babies from they are weeks old right up to adults who have carried a fear with them for years. I have also had the pleasure to teach a wide range of children with disabilities to show that if you want to do something, nothing can stop you.
- What are the values that drive you? Strong work ethic, self-motivated, competitive and loyalty.
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? The same as anyone, I like social nights out with my boyfriend, friends and family. In my spare time I am a keen swimmer and train 3-4 times a week. I have recently started hill walking as next year I am taking part in The West Highland Way for the British Heart Foundation in memory of my dad who died in 2009.
We challenge you try and say Mhairi's name - it sometimes causes quite a giggle in the office with all the different attempts it takes to get it right. Keep an eye out for Mhairi being in touch about your General Insurance as she aims to be qualified in the New Year.. Watch this space!